G5 Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this..

I'm wondering how easy they are to remove / which tools are required

and can we find some that have more strength?

I want to change them so when I push the trunk button on my remote the trunk actually opens up and not only unlocks...

is that possible?

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
If I understand the linkage geometry correctly, the struts undergo a slight compression the first inch or so of opening, then they expand to open up the trunk. I think it is intended as a safety feature not to have the trunk open up, should the latch fail.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha I just had a mental image of a G5 going down the higway and the trunk unlocking and popping all the way opening meanwhile getting caught in the wind and flying off into a Honda Civic.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
i did that lol in the sunfire! i forgot the trunk was open and that dont have the shocks on the trunk so i started driveing i was doing about 50 i look and my trunk was open so i had to pull over. then i did it again in the G5 i didnt see the car was telling my the trunk was open right away and im on the highway doing 75 look down and see its telling me the trunks open. lucky for the shocks on that one. i would leave them on if your as bad as me with driveing off with your trunk open :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
denlou said:
haha I just had a mental image of a G5 going down the higway and the trunk unlocking and popping all the way opening meanwhile getting caught in the wind and flying off into a Honda Civic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be even better than the 2 crapaliers racing in the whole sale parking lot in stoon and 1 of them hitting a building

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
You basicly need to redesign the way the struts open the trunk, right now when the trunk is down the struts are pussing out not up. thats why you have to lift it a bit before it will open up.

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Hmmm, You might try hooking a bunge cord to each bottom corner to the inside top of the 1/4 panel (fender). That could get it past the point of negative strut action.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You could rig up some motors so the whole process (opening and closing) is automatic. Then mass produce them and sell them on e-Bay.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Get a hockey stick and run it from the trunk up to the drivers seat. Wedge the blade up in one of the crevasses in the trunk lid. All you have to do is hit the button and apply backwards pressure to the hockey stick and voila. an opening trunk.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Put a monkey in your trunk and train him to push the lid open when you hit the button.

Eat some radioactive goo and gain telekinetic powers.

Pressurize the air in your trunk so when it cracks open all the air pushes the lid up.

Go to Australia so your car's always upside down, then the lid will open on its own.

:thhhhh: :smoke:

·
Registered
439 Posts
jnak said:
Go to Australia so your car's always upside down, then the lid will open on its own.
:thhhhh: :smoke:
I lol'd at this one.

Speaking of Austrailia, I saw a Holden car / truck at the Streetwheelers show. I took a pic of it, but haven'y uploaded it yet

1 - 19 of 19 Posts