G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only maintenance issue with my 2007 G5 SE is that the left turn signal doesn't always turn itself off after I complete a turn. It's an intermittent problem, and only on the left turns. It's not an intersection-specific thing (maybe only an 89 degree turn instead of 90) because some days it works properly and other days it won't at the same corners. A co-worker with an early 2000's Grand Prix has a similar problem.

Has anyone heard anything about this yet?

·
Registered
298 Posts
could be something physically wrong with the signal mechanism, not catching your turns. Get the dealer to check it out, just be sure it isn't the way you are approaching or doing some turns. I know I can turn some intersections and it's just barely sharp enough that sometimes it won't turn it off. Normally it would either work or not...

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
mine started doing this took it in to get looked at. dealerships told me to f* off basically. now my warrenty is done and it does it all the time. go in and get it done. dont leave till it is done. talk to the manager. throw a fit on the showroom floor around customers. tell them how crappy the cars are. do what ever you must. lol. i started to discuss an issue on the showroom floor and i was ushered off quite quickly and it was dealt with. that was for 2nd gear missing in my tranny.

·
Registered
298 Posts
do you have record of the complaint? or was it never processed in the computer system as comming in for that? If you have it in the records there, you have proof that it was an issue before your warranty expired, and they didn't fix it.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Smokey said:
do you have record of the complaint? or was it never processed in the computer system as comming in for that? If you have it in the records there, you have proof that it was an issue before your warranty expired, and they didn't fix it.
are you serious? lol. it is in the computer. but the dealership could not duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd take that out with some higher ups at GM then. obviuosly you reported the problem before the period expired, and they couldn't or wouldn't do anything. You have room for arguement there I think. do you have an option of a different dealer to talk to? some are a lot more helpfull than others.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm with crusin on this issue, lol

Its a crazy way to get your point accross, but you have to approach ignorant people with ignorance cuz thats all the understand

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I have been to 4 dealerships, banned from 1. long story. he said i wasnt worth giving a ride and I almost threw a fist, I did leave some nice posi marks out of the new service bay though, *after they banned me*. the other 3 see a dumbass teenager. until I talk to the manager then there like oh shit he knows his stuff. damn.... then they still pull lies out and I say wtf that doesnt make sense and they jsut give me my keys and say they cant do anything. I get older people to take my car in. its the only way i get stuff done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cruisn said:
mine started doing this took it in to get looked at. dealerships told me to f* off basically. now my warrenty is done and it does it all the time. go in and get it done. dont leave till it is done. talk to the manager. throw a fit on the showroom floor around customers. tell them how crappy the cars are. do what ever you must. lol. i started to discuss an issue on the showroom floor and i was ushered off quite quickly and it was dealt with. that was for 2nd gear missing in my tranny.
I'll do that next time I'm in for service. I have lots of warranty room left - only had the car 4 months, bought it new, and bought an extended warranty too.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's an update. Last week, I booked my 6-month service appointment. When I called, I mentioned this problem and they said they'd look at it when I had it in. I booked the appointment for a Saturday. I specifically asked if they'd be able to look at that problem on a Saturday, since sometimes certain mechanics don't work weekends. They told me it wasn't a problem. Got there Saturday morning and told them what I was there for. Guess what - there's only one guy who could fix that problem, and he doesn't work Saturdays - ever.

Service manager sounded apologetic, but I think it was all PR. He knows what the problem is and knew what had to be done. He said he'd order the part first thing Monday morning, then call me when he had an ETA for it. Well, it's now 4:41 on Monday afternoon and he hasn't called. What's worse - I did get a call from the dealership - wondering why I didn't show for my Saturday appointment, and offering to reschedule, since Saturday obviously wasn't convenient for me.

I'll be trying to get them to do something to make up for the inconvenience (it's about a 60km return trip from home to the dealer), but I don't expect much - cover the cost of the oil change maybe, or even just throw in a pair of wipers?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
that sounds like bs to me. a tech is a tech for the most part. anyone should have been able to diagnose the problem for you

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
my turn signal got worse, lol, thats my update. ussualy wont turn off after and turn.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called the service manager at the dealership today to get an update on the ETA, since he didn't bother to call me back. The receptionist came back on and said the manager told her it's on back-order. My bet - he forgot to order the damn thing and that's his cover story.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
lol, the dealership had my ebrake parts on back order for get this..... 3 months. new car, 3 months for parts. they really hate me. cause im not stupid and do what they say, lol

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
I had to take my Gt to 2 separate dealers before my sunroof was fixed, nay, replaced... The dealer I bought the car from, (Pontiac natually), told me that it was normal for the sunroof to be sticking up like it was open... but it was closed, so I told them to F.O, and went to a Chevy dealer across the street. They looked at it and had to replace the glass because it was warped. WTF is wrong with GM? Do they train their people on common sense? or only rely on playing dumb hoping people will go along with it.?

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
McGuyver said:
I had to take my Gt to 2 separate dealers before my sunroof was fixed, nay, replaced... The dealer I bought the car from, (Pontiac natually), told me that it was normal for the sunroof to be sticking up like it was open... but it was closed, so I told them to F.O, and went to a Chevy dealer across the street. They looked at it and had to replace the glass because it was warped. WTF is wrong with GM? Do they train their people on common sense? or only rely on playing dumb hoping people will go along with it.?
I think common sense is like boobs. Either you have them naturally or you don't. If you don't, there are people (doctors) who can change that, but in the end they still are not quite right. :D

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
+10 Good call. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another update...

When I last posted (Dec 5), the dealer said it was on backorder - should be a few days. When I didn't hear anything by the 13th, I called again. Guess what - no record of any backorder for it. I asked, rhetorically, why that didn't surprise me. The receptionist said the service manager would get right back to me.

Meanwhile, I went to another dealer closer to my office just before new year's and explained the problem to the service advisor. He knew right away what it was - a cam in the steering column that needed adjusting or replacing. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it that day, as they were fully booked. I made an appointment for a couple of days later and brought it in. I made sure the problem was on the work order, and left it there (to do at the same time as my oil change). I called at 2:30 PM to check up on it, and they said it was done. I went back to the dealer, and it wasn't. Apparently, the techie couldn't duplicate the problem in the shop, so he closed it out saying it wasn't a problem. The advisor noticed this, took it for a road test (the techie never bothered) and saw that it was still a problem. Of course, this all happened while I was in transit to the dealer - there was a voice mail from the advisor saying what happened, left while I was on the way over. He apologized and said he'd talk to the techie, explaining that if the customer says there's a driving problem, you can't expect to duplicate it on the shop floor. They gave me a rental (under warranty) and by 9:30 the next morning, it was fixed.

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear from the service manager at the original dealership. Guess he's busy. But I'm sure he call me right away after I write to the general manager of the dealership, outlining my experiences.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts