G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know a whole lot about shopping for underbody lights. The guy at a car audio shop tried to say the flexible LED underbody lights would fit my car best, but I know a guy with a cobalt that had some regular LED lights under his car, and they were perfectly hidden without the need of side skirts. I'm wanting to get the multi color lights and here are the same ones that guy tried to sell me for $289 at the audio shop on ebay for $100.
Click here for the link!

They look like a good deal to me, but I was wondering if anybody has a better suggestion.

Edit: sorry about the long looking URL. I'm sure theres a way to make a link one word, unless that options not on this site...I didn't see anything...lol

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
That looks like a pretty sweet system at a pretty sweet price.

The only part I don't like is the wireless part, of course I'm just weird that way. I did some modifications to the coin holder by your left knee to mount the switch for mine.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I thought about putting the controls there for everything, since the only thing I use that area for is the e-brake. lol. I don't like to keep change in the car.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
the coin holder is to the right of the e-brake. its a pain to get at anyway and get coins out of it so hes talking about mounting a switch in the coin holder thing. ha ha hes not talking about the "little glove box thingamajoo next to your left knee where the trunk release is". besides where would you keep your sunglasses ha ha

the red it where it seems like hes talking about but i rould probably put it somewhere in the blue

·
Registered
43 Posts
denlou said:
That looks like a pretty sweet system at a pretty sweet price.

The only part I don't like is the wireless part, of course I'm just weird that way. I did some modifications to the coin holder by your left knee to mount the switch for mine.
I dunno...he did seem to specifically mention left knee. I'm not a doctor by any means, but left is still on the drivers side of the car, no?

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
th0ughtless said:
Yea, I thought about putting the controls there for everything, since the only thing I use that area for is the e-brake. lol. I don't like to keep change in the car.
thats what i thought you were referring too but now i get what was/is going on

·
Registered
43 Posts
No sir, my post was correcting the third post using information from the second. As I do believe the third post was made using misinterpreted information as well.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
idk if it does this for everyone cuz im using firefox but i have to scroll over to see the right side of the posts and it cut off after when he said i did mods to the coin holder. my bad

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
That is where my interior neon switches are just in front of my drivers seat, I also have my amps remote bass boost sitting there but I haven't taken a pic of that yet, the switch on the left controls 4 neons 2 underneath my dash and 2 underneath the rears on the front seat, the switch next to it controls 2 color changing led bars one underneath the radio and one wrapping around the base of the shifter, I am thinking of taking them out since I think they look too tacky three and they never get used. for pics of neons they are on my cardomain site

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not too bad of a spot, I would either put them there myself or find a way to hide them inside the pocket in the door paneling.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
no boys I'm talking about the trunk release coin holder and it's still usefull for putting sunglasses in there, I just drilled a hole that's slightly smaller than the switch so I can jam the switch in there and it wont fall out and then the wires just run down the edge of the inside of the tray and out a little hole I drilled on the bottom of tray.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
thats a good idea

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
yeah, it's discrete and you don't have to lift up your armrest or bash your passenger in the cheek with your elbow to switch it haha. That and your passenger can't control it, I'm a control freak in my car haha

The module I made to control it also allows for a signal input so if I could tap into the door open switch I could run it that way too. Anybody know where that is? haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts