G5 Club banner

*Update on My G5, Debadged and Clean

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Kaptainc3d 
#1 ·
Well I finally had an entire day off, and I ended up being somewhat productive. I finally got the bawls to remove the door strikes off of my G5 and the car looks amazing without them. I had done this to my Sunfire a few years back, but I was being overly cautious on my new car. I would highly reccomend anyone who hasn't to do this. Heres the pics!

Car before:

Tools Needed to accomplish:

A hairdryer to heat up the badges.

A clean thumb to remove the excess residue.

A chair to sit on when removing badge and residue.

A Professional set-up like mine!

Removing the badge, you can see the residue that is left over after removing.

Heres how it looks after the badges are removed and most of the residue is gone. I will have to get some goo gone/bug remover to get the rest of the adhesive off.

Final After Pics!

Thanks for checking this out. I'll put up a how-to in the other thread in a few minutes!

See less See more
#10 ·
looks good it really helps clean up the look of the side of the car it would even look better when you get rid of thoes Gm badges

#14 ·
I want to do the same thing (i'll do it this week) but i need to know will it have some residu or scratch after the work is done? we dont see anything on the pictures but i'm still a bit surprise that you've done it as easy as that! Another question: I saw someone removing the pontiac and G5 on the back of the car and replace it elsewhere... how can i do that?

#15 ·
Kaptainc3d said:
I want to do the same thing (i'll do it this week) but i need to know will it have some residu or scratch after the work is done? we dont see anything on the pictures but i'm still a bit surprise that you've done it as easy as that! Another question: I saw someone removing the pontiac and G5 on the back of the car and replace it elsewhere... how can i do that?
These will help:

How to remove side moldings

How to remove badges from your car

#17 ·
you can do one of a few things.

i just went to the dealership that i bought my car from and they gave it to me for free

you can also just go to an auto parts store and get epoxy or tape thats made for emblems.

the best brand for that is usually 3m

hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.