G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed out my headlights for a set that has black enclosures and I think they look really good.
Sky Car Window Plant Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

Since I've done this I've realized that my turn signals are different colours meaning I now had to run to the parts store and change get bulbs that match.

The two local parts stores actually only had LED bulbs for this, the guy at the smaller Ma and Pa store said that I might need to add resistors for them. I'm wondering if anyone else has swapped out the bulbs on their cars for LEDs and have some guidance for doing so like what bulbs I'd need for the headlights and if I do need to add in those resistors. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
First slap em in then turn on the lights so the turn signal bulbs are on. If you need a resistor then they'll flicker and/or flash quickly like when you have a bulb out. If they flicker then you'll need the resistor. Not sure what size/resistance tho. If they only flash quickly then personally I'd not worry about it

Reactions: BONzi

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
128 Posts
I just changed out my headlights for a set that has black enclosures .../ /...Since I've done this I've realized that my turn signals are different colours meaning I now had to run to the parts store and change get bulbs that match.
👆 That happens a LOT! As the bulb ages, the amber color changes. Looks pretty good though!!!

Reactions: BONzi

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
👆 That happens a LOT! As the bulb ages, the amber color changes. Looks pretty good though!!!
Wasn't that it aged, it looked like it was pretty clearly white instead of Amber. I ended up going to Napa this morning when they were open and grabbed the right bulb so it matches.

The LEDs I got did the Hyperflash so I need to add in resistors. I want to do LEDs all around later so I'm just going to hold onto them until I get the rest of the parts/time to do it.

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
Did the bulbs flicker at all or throw a code? I've heard some get a change bulb code or some notice on the DIC. If not then I'll skip the resistors when I slap em in mine since I actually like fast flashers

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the bulbs flicker at all or throw a code? I've heard some get a change bulb code or some notice on the DIC. If not then I'll skip the resistors when I slap em in mine since I actually like fast flashers
They didn't flicker at all. I doubt they'd throw a code at all

~BONzi

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
128 Posts
I know this isn't related to this thread, but I was looking at the pictures posted by BONzi. Has anyone ever painted those fog light inserts the cars body color, instead of leaving them black? It might look kind of cool if someone cleaned up the little louvered lines on that instert, but left the part that surrounds the fog lights black.

Something like this....I think it looks pretty Bad @$$!!!:

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that actually looks not bad. Maybe there is a bumper already made that has inserts like that.

~BONzi

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this isn't related to this thread, but I was looking at the pictures posted by BONzi. Has anyone ever painted those fog light inserts the cars body color, instead of leaving them black? It might look kind of cool if someone cleaned up the little louvered lines on that instert, but left the part that surrounds the fog lights black.

Something like this....I think it looks pretty Bad @$$!!!:

View attachment 18233
I know I'm late to the response but my brother has a Cobalt SS/NA and his fog lights look similar to that and are colour matched to the body will post a photo later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts