G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as u can see i have some wax marks next to the fog lights and underneath the grill...is there anything i can spray on the wax so i can wipe it off easily?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wax on black plastic areas? I use Meguiar's Gold Class Trim detailer, it takes the wax off and leaves the plastic looking brand new.

But the rubbing alcohol would work too.

Make sure you don't get any on the paint though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
jnak said:
Wax on black plastic areas?
I didn't mean too..LOL. It looked awesome...LOL. Really though, You can use the ICE shit on the black plastic but not any 'real' wax that you need to buff.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you could also use lacquer thinner it will not mess up your factory paint but if you have had your bumper painted then dont use lacquer thinner

·
Registered
31 Posts
All you need is some Meguiar's Quik Detailer/NXT Speed Detailer/Final Inspection, and the marks will come off quite easily. MUCH safer than WD40 (its not that is harmful.. but you may get grease residue on the paint) and paint thinner, etc. and if it gets on the paint.. all you have to do is wipe it off :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another thing that can be used to cover up excess wax on plastic is peanut butter.
All of these things just mask it though, the only way to get it off and not just cover it up is to use something that strips wax. Amonia is the best wax stripper that I know of, thats why if you saw in another post people where going nuts over someone recomending using Windex to touch up spots.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
senior_brown said:
hmm im gonna pick up a bottle of this meguirs stuff i got the same problem on my side view mirrors
Yeah, I ran into the same problem with my side mirrors and rear antenna when applying the film type of wax... Liquid wax apparently isn't bad at doing that, the film/whipe away wax can be. I'll give that a try with what ringflyer recommended with the alcohol.. thanks! :).

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
dtabbs said:
Another thing that can be used to cover up excess wax on plastic is peanut butter.
All of these things just mask it though, the only way to get it off and not just cover it up is to use something that strips wax. Amonia is the best wax stripper that I know of, thats why if you saw in another post people where going nuts over someone recomending using Windex to touch up spots.
Theres actually a Paint restoration guy on another forum I post on that actually mentioned the same thing for restoring the shine to the black plastic mirrors. Of course, creamy, not crunchy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts