641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: Weapon - R (Secret Weapon) Short Ram Intake

Type of Modification: Performance/Appearance

Price: 290.00 @ http://www.Weapon-R.com

Product Rating: 9.6725

Where you bought it: http://www.racinglab.com

Okay, here we go kids!

First things first, I didn't want a CAI, they make me nervous. I live in coastal New England, it likes to flood, snow, rain, hurricane, shoot waffles at you, at any given moment in time.

First thing, the packaging along is kick ass, and with this deal I got a free bottle of filter cleaner, and a breather filter (not that I need that.)

The intake tube is just what they say, a pipe in a pipe. What I didn't how was it only ran that way for the straight section. The filter is a very sturdy unit with a foam filter. In the bottom is roughly 8 screws that hold the element in place. It can be changed to a different color with removal.

The instructions BLOW. It looks like someone made them in notepad because they went "Frig! We never wrote how to put this thing on!, it's gotta ship in 2 hours!"

However, if you can't remove your stock air box either get a friend to help you, or have a mechanic do this. I got a friend, just because it is more fun that way. :lol:

The "universal mounting bracket" was next to impossible to figure out because the instructions read "screw into nearest hole to the air box". Turns out its where that torx screw is under the actual unit. I didn't do that, I used one of the bolts from the top of the mounting system. It keeps it away from the body of the car, and motionless.

Once installed you realize this may be the most obnoxiously loud intake ever, at about 6 grand she gets so loud, it is amazing! The pull is really strong in the midrange, and God knows the auto needs help with that.

You want images, hold on, I'll give you images...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ive heard the weapon R in person,its louder than the other intake,cause of the foam filter and their stacked velocity tubes.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Renesis said:
is it specifically for the 2,4?

is it louder than the K&N SRI?
Yes, it is specific, see my post under Preformance for the e-mail I recieved about this.

And, I don't know how the K&N sounds so... Maybe?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for images!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blackriderg6 said:
Build a heat shield.
I'd be cool if they made a "cold air box" like they do for some other Weapon - R intakes. Other then that, with the winter comming up, it might have to wait.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
th0ughtless said:
Thats a HAWT looking intake, but I'm going to get a full CAI myself.
yeah whenever i can afford one thats on my list

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
DecoyGSX said:

Maybe its just me but i dont like the look of the elbow. if they took the time to smooth out the welds id say it would be perfect. Just looks like they didnt take there time.

anyway looks good. enjoy it. 8)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Nice looking..

jimwww said:
Did it feel any different from the drivers seat?
Yeah, at downshift, it feels a lot different and midrange feels a alot more responsive too.

As far as the welds, in person, they don't look as bad, the pictures kind of exaggerated them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, PursuitGT at least you know it isn't going anywhere with those welds. 8)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heads up on this intake!

After the winter, the bar that adds support has rusted, and Weapon - R logo fell off, leaving a mess, and over all, it just started to look really bad. Also, cleaning the filter caused almost nothing to come out... with the cleaner they provided...

I'm ditching this for a Typhoon in the next month or so.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
yeah my bar rusted along with the screws in the bottom of the filter. whatever. ha ha i still love it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts