G5 Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s one for any of you problem solvers out there. My car a 2010 g5, 2.2l does have remote start but not an SS or anything special. Basically the car wouldn’t start at all one day no crank, had power to the lights and accessories though, ended up being a starter. Replaced that (Twice I might add because the first was defective).Now when you start the car it will make this screeching noise that goes on until you turn the key back to the off position. Then it stops screeching and starts cranking by itself and even with the key out. It will do so until it finally catches or eventually dies out. There is nothing you can do to stop the cranking unless you take the battery cable off. and then you can restart normally and it works fine. Any help would be appreciated I don’t know what it is.

·
1,902 Posts
Bad solenoid? I dunno. My 2.4 only needs me to blip the starter. It cranks & stops by itself. Rare occasioms, it needs starting 'old school' style.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
anti grind circuit gone bad? i dont have the wiring diagram of i could check. some cars have an anti-grind switch so when the computer tells the starter relay the eng is running the relay is disengaged some use oil pressure some use rpm. but it sound different because it cranks with key out too? so i would look at ignition switch first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts