G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wants to start.... I'll be coming out from Mission, BC Canada... People who are coming from BC can meet me in Abbotsford, BC & we'll travel south to meet up with our friends in Washington & people from OR please drive up to WA and we'll start our trip from there...

Who's all coming from that area... We can meet people from AB in the state the borders AB (Idaho, Montana, North Dakota & Minnesota)

People coming out from AB want to meet up in Butte Montana?

Attached is pretty much the route I'm taking (hopefully my GPS won't take me off track compared to Google Maps!)

Picture 1.jpg

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup I think I'm probably going to be the furthest away unless there is people coming from more northern BC or AK.. doubt it though. lol. oh well. I'd like to hear definitely about who's along that route to meet up with!!! I suspect it'll be a 3 day drive with sleep.... if I let Ashleigh drive my car, I could get there in the time provided by google.... then we could take turns make it out there in a day lol. but I probably won't... probably will just be pull over when tired, sleep on side of the road hah.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
lol yea, sounds like a plan. i will probably be the only one coming from my part of the south if I come, I will try my best though. have we gotten any group rates on hotels or anything yet? the more discounts and pre-planned this trip is, the more likely I will be able to go lol

·
Administrator
12,835 Posts
I'm looking at your map. If you head south on I-35 when you get to Minneapolis, MN, and then take I-90, you will hit Rochester, MN. That's where I live. It would be a nice place to stop and take a break because it is going to be 12 more hours to Lordstown. Rochester is the home of the Mayo Clinic which is a world renowned research clinic and hospital. People visit from around the world for medical treatment, so there is a wide variety of eating establishments and bars. There are also a lot of hotels, but they tend to be a little pricey due to the nature of the people who visit. If need be, I also have a couple of spare bedrooms in my house, a living room, family room, and large game room where people can crash for a night. (I also will cook up a full breakfast for anyone who wants to stay....) I also can handle a couple of cars in my driveway (two for sure, maybe four), and the street that I live on is also quiet with street parking available. Also, the speedlimit in MN is 70, while it is only 65 in WI. Additionally, I-90 going over the Mississippi River is MUCH more scenic than I-94.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking at your map. If you head south on I-35 when you get to Minneapolis, MN, and then take I-90, you will hit Rochester, MN. That's where I live. It would be a nice place to stop and take a break because it is going to be 12 more hours to Lordstown. Rochester is the home of the Mayo Clinic which is a world renowned research clinic and hospital. People visit from around the world for medical treatment, so there is a wide variety of eating establishments and bars. There are also a lot of hotels, but they tend to be a little pricey due to the nature of the people who visit. If need be, I also have a couple of spare bedrooms in my house, a living room, family room, and large game room where people can crash for a night. (I also will cook up a full breakfast for anyone who wants to stay....) I also can handle a couple of cars in my driveway (two for sure, maybe four), and the street that I live on is also quiet with street parking available. Also, the speedlimit in MN is 70, while it is only 65 in WI. Additionally, I-90 going over the Mississippi River is MUCH more scenic than I-94.
That would be awesome given the fact of how far I'm at least coming from!!!

Any type of lodging/housing/floor/couch etc... that anyone wants to provide would be greatly appreciated! Plus can add to our caravans of G5s & Cobalts heading to Lordstown lol.

I just might take you up on that offer, just need to remind myself to read this post before I go so I know to change the route a tad bit.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damnit i wish i could go to this.
If you can get the days off... come out! You could just hop a ride in my car...I don't think Ashleigh will be coming because she can't get the time off work.

I'll need someone to keep me awake for the drive and to bullshit with lol

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm almost 99% sure shes not going... and in the end say she did get the days off... she'll have to ride back seat cuz I think you may be taller than her lolz.

how long can you take off? cuz from there, I'll be heading up to Toronto then back thru the large part of Ontario and probably visit Saskatoon members, then from there heading to the Western Canadian Mega Meet that's between July 17-19th and we can stay at Matt's place (hope you don't mind cruisn!! lol).

So if you can take off July 8th thru July 20th at least... that will give us plenty of time to travel accross the US then come back thru Canada & hit up both meets?

If that doesn't work and you can only get from like july 8th - 14th off for example, I can drive you back to Canada after Lordstown meet & you can fly back from Toronto lol. Like $199 on West Jet seat sale.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Rob: Any chance you guys might come down to I-80 and meet up with the nor cal members (like myself)? If you take I-84 from I-82 it will run into I-80 in Salt lake city. I'll be in Denver the week before and Can meet up with you guys in Cheyenne, WY.

We could still go up to Rochester for the night and leave from there. That could be a North Central meet point as well.

Heres my general route:
meet map.jpg

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll think about.. depends how many people I'd be meeting up with in WA/BC/AB etc... if there is no one .. i'll drive down to meet up with you... otherwise thats an extra like 600 kms at least to my route lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts