G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove into gas station parking lot and ran over the gas filling hole in ground. Bump ....and loud exhaust sound immediately.

Can I drive it like this for a week, just to/from work?

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Drove into gas station parking lot and ran over the gas filling hole in ground. Bump ....and loud exhaust sound immediately.

Can I drive it like this for a week, just to/from work?
View attachment 17824
Not without attracting the attention of the authorities. Your Cat pipe broke off at the connection to the resonator. Time to upgrade! I got a resonator and DBX muffler from Magnaflow, as well as a tip for the muffler. All 2.5 inch. I think I also got a new Cat pipe, to. That had to be stock. The shop that put it all together for me also bent up a mid-pipe, too. Exhaust note is ideal! No drone at highway cruise, quiet at idle, and only hints at being 'wild'...unless your foot gets heavy. THEN it comes to life!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
BTW, When shopping for a new Cat pipe, be VERY scrutinous! There are a number of configurations. From your pic, you'll at least need one with TWO O2 bungs. Genuine GM OE will be pricey from GM.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Edit: Part numbers. Magnaflow parts on CarID.

·
Super Moderator
600 Posts
All will need replacing now. that's a lot of rust on your exhaust. See on the right side how jagged it is from the break? Structural integrity of your exhaust is pretty much at its limit. Luckily you can get a cat, exhaust and muffler aftermarket for about $600. Not hard to replace by yourself, you just need the car in the air enough for clearance to get under it. Downpipe from the header should be fine, but you'll also need 2 o2 sensors as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts