G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003.5 mazda mazdaspeed~cone filter and side exit exhaust,i beat him from a dig till about 110 and here he came,from a 40 roll he ate me alive by about 4 cars and holding strong!
1999 acura integra gsr~full exhaust and an intake,from a 40 roll twice he ate me pulling on me atleast 6 cars!
1999 acura integra ls~full gsr swap,intake ,fullexhaust,jun`e ecu heads cams etc...from a 40 i got the jump and then he flew by my pullin at cars and after that i stopped counting!!
2006 mitsubishi lancer oz rally~cone filter,cat-back exhaust, from a dig i ate it alive,from a 40 it was even worse then the dig haha!!!
1999 honda accord~cat-back,intake, from a 40 roll i just ate him up and left it that way haha!!!
???? del sol~exhaust,no clue,from a 45 roll i ate him like he was standing still!
2002 honda civic coupe~stock,from a dig it was beside me till i hit third and i just kept pulling and pulling!!!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
I forget most of the cars now, but I got into a ton last year 8) ..... almost none this year :? :cry: Alot of these come at night like 10-12 with my GF in the car coming home friday-saturday nights. This is a copy and paste from G6performance I did :twisted:

This is what I have won against........
:arrow: Dodge Ram Hemi with exhaust work done
:arrow: 00-04 mustang V6 3.8L x3
:arrow: 05-06 mustang V6 4.0L
:arrow: GP GTP late 90s
:arrow: 2000 ish Monte Carlo SS
:arrow: Colbat coupe LT manual (with dealer tag still on it :D)
:arrow: Acura RSX manual
:arrow: Focus SVT
:arrow: 5.0L foxbody mustang x2
:arrow: Friends 95 neon 2.0L with head work and cam manual
:arrow: Freinds 03 or 04 subura Impazna AWD (its just the stock 2.5 NOT the turbo WRX or STI)
:arrow: eailry 90 probe (sounded sick and about to die though :lol:)
:arrow: My dads 99 Catera 3.0L with sports package
:arrow: eailry-mid 90s BMW convertable (no clue of the series)
:arrow: VW golf or jetta (forget look the same to me) 1.8T
:arrow: Dodge Durango SLT V8
:arrow: Late 90s-eairly 2000 ish Civic
:arrow: 00-04 mustang GT automatic DOHC 3V

Lost to......
:arrow: Colbalt SS with stage 3 (know becuase talked to him at Wawa after both of us pulled in)
:arrow: Mustang 94-95 5.0L (dont know what was done to it but was FAST and LOUD)
:arrow: GTO 6.0L (off the line)
:arrow: GTO 5.7L (from 45-65, would loss off the line anyway :lol:)
:arrow: 00-04 mustang GT automatic DOHC 3V

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
my first race today was some lady in a honda oddesy. we were at a light and she was putting on makeup so i got in the lane beside her to get in front of her so i could turn right. so i just roll out moderately fast not expecting her to see the green because she was messing with her face. i hear an engine winding up and look over and here she comes. by this time i was at 4000 rpm and mash on the gas and pulled ahead of her like it was nothing. she didnt let off till i was way ahead of her at about 50-60 mph.

YAY! I BEAT A SOCCER MOM!, but hey its a start

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not much action 'round these parts, seeing how everyone has an Escalade or dump truck, but every once in a while.........

There was this F-150 that I guess was trying to race me until I put it in second and gave it a little gas, blowing his doors off the hinges.

Other than that it's just back and forth to work and the occasional breath of fresh air on those narrow Isle of Wight county roads. Windows down, sunroof open, and the perfect harmony of Wolfgang Mozart dancing throughout the cockpit.

My not-so-local pontiac dealer and I went through considerable effort to locate the one in the exact color and features that I had in my mind.

After driving second hand trash all of my life I'm very glad that all the research I did into cars led to this machine, this one exception to the rule..... the G5.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't race on the street.... And have yet to make it to the track

Take it to the track. Racing on the street is just begging to be killed.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
of course it is illegal and can be dangerous, but if done with limitations and common sense is used it is ok once in a while. like when you see the people racing through rush hour traffic, that it absolutly ignorant. but like on a light traffic day with no one around as long as you keep speed in mind, it isnt too terrible, im not saying its right, but its not horrible. like if i race i make sure not to go over 60-65 (most city speedlimits are 45-50 mph) which is still wrong and illegal. basically i look at it this way, if your only putting yourself at risk its ok because you are aware of the consequences. but if there are other people that could be affected by your stupidity than dont race, use some common sense.

but you might get a ticket (aka Performance Award)

i wouldnt say begging to get killed, maybe begging for trouble, but not killed

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yea, I agree with Karnivor. I race all the time around here for the hell of it. The rush is great. As long as you're still a bit careful and aware of what you're doing, you're alright.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yellow07G5 said:

have u ever sped up in front of somebody to either get ahead of them to get over or what not??? (thats racing whether u think so or not)

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Yellow07G5 said:

That was all the way up to november just about. Then out of no wheres almost nothing around :(

Being by Philly and the shore with 2/3 lane hwys and lights every 1-2miles with merging lanes you can get into alot. The most EVER was that first 9months I had my car till november ish. Was like twice a weekend I got into a race. Now nothing again. Unfortianlly, my list is nothing really impressive or anything. The cars I beat you can see on paper that they couldnt beat a stock GTP as most dont even run a 15.5. But O'well :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
twistedlocal2 said:
Yellow07G5 said:

have u ever sped up in front of somebody to either get ahead of them to get over or what not??? (thats racing whether u think so or not)
That is an ignorant statement there. You don't have to floor the damn thing to get around people.

I can pass people on a two lane road without having to "race them"...If you judge your distance, judge your time, and judge your speed right, you rarely have to floor it to get around anyone. And Flooring the car is racing. Driving and Racing are two different things, just like driving and speeding. Speeding falls into the Racing category. Driving is knowing your car, knowing what it can do, but not putting anyone else at harm. Racing you put the lives of everyone around you at harm.

Say you were "passing" someone, but floored it to pass them. Then out of the blue your significant other pulls out onto the road infront of you. Now, your screwed, you floored your car, got it to speeds to where you can't stop and now you or the other, or both of you are seriously injured or even killed. If you care the least bit about anyone, you will not race.
Unless you take it to the track!

And I don't care how much you argue about it, Passing someone IS NOT RACING unless the pedal is to the floor.

Learn some self control people. Cars are Cheep, Lives ain't

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't think putting the pedal to the floor constitutes racing. When I pass someone on a two lane highway I am not going to take my sweet ass time. I want to get by the other car and back in the right lane sooner rather than later.

It would be racing if the person you're passing decides to floor it too.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was next to two chicks in a mid nineties Civic DX with a fart cannon, I hear one of them yell "GO!" and they floored it. I released the pressure from my brake pedal and started gaining almost immediately. My revs were creeping up on 2000 rpms, but they had a good jump on me and extended the lead to 3/4's of a length. Out of no-where my car grabbed 2nd gear, and was pushing close to 30km'/hr and I was gaining inches at a time. I closed the gap to about a half car when the light ahead turned yellow. I let off the gas and the Civic cruised on to victory.

I put my slurpee back in the cupholder looked at my wife, and said "I wonder if they were racing?"

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had raced a bmw im3 today it was a older modle dont know the year but anyway we went from a dig. the light turns green and we take off. i took him by a half a car off the line. we where neck to neck untill he hit 4th gear. lol thing was i thought it was a regular bmw he was stock. when we where racing i was like wow he is keeping up pretty good then he hit 4th gear and he pulled on me then i saw a im3 badge and i was like bastard. lol i lost by a car lenght not bad i guess.

·
Registered
830 Posts
89 topaz baby 8) it was some cocky little ... i dont even know how old it was, it looked to be about 4 feet tall ... he then followed me to my destination and started beaking me because, and I quote "I'm native, you can't do that to me". :shock: mind you this was about 1 am on my way home from work down some little avenue thing we have here in pg.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well a friend of mine got jealous that i bought an 07, so he went out and bought an '07 F150 FX4. anyways on the way out last night we pull up beside one another at a light... he smoked me. i knew i couldnt win so i let up when we were goin like 100 in a 60 zone. although it was a loss, it was the first time i had ever chirped the tires shifting into 2nd thought that was pretty sweet. didnt want to drive my car too hard anyways as it only has 500 km on it now. how many km's before the engine is thouroughly broken in?

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
illwoods said:
well a friend of mine got jealous that i bought an 07, so he went out and bought an '07 F150 FX4. anyways on the way out last night we pull up beside one another at a light... he smoked me. i knew i couldnt win so i let up when we were goin like 100 in a 60 zone. although it was a loss, it was the first time i had ever chirped the tires shifting into 2nd thought that was pretty sweet. didnt want to drive my car too hard anyways as it only has 500 km on it now. how many km's before the engine is thouroughly broken in?
Nobodies going to give you the same answer, but IMO I'd say 20,000km. Wait atleast 8,000km before you start shit kicking it though and you should be fine, modern engines are pretty good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts