G5 Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, long story short my front bumper cracked (after sliding into a f150 going 1km/h in beautiful Canadian weather..) and i'm thinking about getting the full ait zen kit. I know some of you don't like it and would rather get a GT kit w/ lip, as would I, but from what I understand the zen kit would cost a lot less, even tho a little more needs to be painted. Problem is I can't go too low and I don't know what springs to get for it. I was originally gonna get sportlines (without a body kit) but now that I want the zen kit i'm worried it'll be too low.

user 'BlueG5GT' has his with sportlines; anyone think that's too low?
http://www.g5club.net/showthread.php/13489-BlueG5GT-s-September-ROTM-Highlight-thread
I'd be on 215/35/18 though..

should look something like this in the end :p

Anyways it's my first started thread so I hope it isn't dumb, just wanted some opinions. oh and anyone know a good site for GT kits & lips?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I think there was a guy on here who had that front bumper and modded it so our grill would fit in it. It looked pretty good that way. Unfortunately the rear of the car needed some help.
I have just bought the GT side skirts and rear lip, they need to be painted still but it will finish off the GT look of my car when they are done. It would be a bit cheaper to buy a full kit like this than get the GT parts. I paid $750 for my front bumper painted, $110 for the side skirts, and $185 for the rear lip. Now it's gonna cost $450 to get the side skirts and rear lip painted. Idk how low that kit is but I am looking at getting the fe5 shocks and struts with pedder springs for my 5. I think that these springs are perfect for our cars. Other than that I would have gotten the Eibach pro kit because I think that the sportline kit is a bit low for around here.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If I didn't get my GT kit I would have probably gone with that one too. I also like the RK sport kit except for the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If the RKSport front bumper would have had the grill upside down so it looked like the GT I would be all over that...
^^^^^ AGREED
I also don't like how small the upper grill is. It looks out of proportion with that giant lower grill. I think someone took the regular GT bumper and put the slits on the side like the RK kit and it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Oh just saw the pic, the grill flipped around like the GT style looks WAY better. It's got that mean look rather than the drugged up happy face of the other one lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Using the old grill makes it look more like the Pontiac it is rather than a Cobalt. Don't do the rear as in the link though lol.
Yea I saw that a while ago, the back looks really bad haha. but to be honest I like it better without the pontiac grill.
then again it does seen a little ricey. I'd have to see when I get it on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
every time I see these kits I see this.. :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm just gonna go with the pedder, strut and shock package I think. hope a 1.6" rear drop will enough with that rear bumper :s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts