G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what to get first for my car. the gmpp cat back or the rksport G5 hood with the 2 scoops. i want to buy one by the middle of nov and idk what i want to get first. the car gets parked once it starts to snow and im not sure if i could get the hood painted and put on befor that. the cat back i can take the car to the shop and have it done in a day. theres about $100 price change so im not sure what to get. gmpp cat back or rk sport hood

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would have said the catback,because I believe in go before show,but the catback can be substituted by a cheap freeflowing magnaflow muffler,the hood on the other hand looks awsome and will allow for more airflow into the engine bay...and why is this good cause if you have a SR,a member on CSS showed on a dyno that a hood with scoops netted him more hp to the wheels

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Am not a big fan of 4cly exhaust and most V6 harmonic sounds, so I say get the hood 8)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The hood sounds like a good deal. Personally, I feel GM is a bit too proud of their intake and exhaust kits. If I have to pay that much for exhaust, it needs to be loud. I would say go with magnaflow or borla with custom piping, but thats just my .02

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
Hood it man!

If you got the intake, all you need after is a fairly cheap SR and your good, unless you already have one?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea im thinking the hood to its on ebay under rksport for 525 so i think im going to get that. heres the pics of my motor bay right now with the intake with the hood my intake will be right under the scoop so the air goes right into my filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts