G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hav a question 2 anybody who can help me i dont no whether 2 just replace the factory speakers or get actual subs which is gunna sound better and have more bass? sn:pHurler5190

·
Original Member
904 Posts
subs will have more bass, but if ur looking for quality, replace the factories. I suggest Infinity, good company with killer sound

·
Registered
298 Posts
PursuitGT said:
The factory speakers dont need to be replaced.. just add an aftermarket Headunit and sub. you will be all set.
That's what I did in my wave. and I was very very impressed with the results. I would have liked new speakers too, but for the work, the results were great. Probably similar results would be expected in the g5 as well

·
Original Member
904 Posts
ya thanks not all of us are high school educated lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should get a new stereo? i need one that has a jack for the ipod

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace Everything, Deck, Speakers, Amps, Subs. Audio Video Unlimited stores are great for the most part. (only in canada).

Kaption Audio make a killer product and well its a canadian company. check it out ill post pics of my install.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I really like that monsoon shit they put in grand prixs and grand ams. Bose and infinity are the way to go if you dont mind carving into your wallet a lil bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitely say Crutchfield. Not only are they awesome at handling any issues you might have with their products, but if you order your stuff saying that you have a Cobalt they'll also send the mounting kit and some other crap for free!! You can't beat FREE!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Crutchfield is awesome. I always purchase my stuff from there. Although GM speakers are actually not half bad as compared to other car companies, personally, I'd never install an aftermarket stereo without changing the speakers first. You can have the best stereo with the best specs out there, but if you don't change the speakers, you're missing out on the full potential. The speakers make the sound. I guarantee if you just change the speakers, it will make the stock stereo sound really decent. I used to do this stuff back in the day...set up some sick systems and stuff...Anyway, my 2 cents is speakers dood and a sub.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Pat5190 said:
i hav a question 2 anybody who can help me i dont no whether 2 just replace the factory speakers or get actual subs which is gunna sound better and have more bass? sn:pHurler5190
if your car comes stock with the pioneer system and you want more bass and higher overall sound quality buy a good deck and add an after market sub&amp in

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stereo and subs

i heard from a guy that works at the dealer that a new stereo is required in order 2 get subs he said that the factory stereo isnt designed for subs agree or disagree?

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
completely disagree. a new radio has nothing to do with putting in subs as long as you use a new amp for those subs. most new amps even have a high level input with auto on, that way you down even have to run a remote turn on lead to the stock radio.

that guy was lying to you

1 - 20 of 27 Posts