G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here runs a winter car? Since I'll be moving to the middle of the country pretty soon (more than likely), I'm contemplating storing the car for the winter and driving a beater. When I get back from the far north anyway heh.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
couldn't live whith a shitty unsafe unconfortable car for 6 months per year when I have a brand new one just waiting to be driven!

winter tires all the way

I don't think our cars are worthy of being stored in the winter seriously! :roll:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno, my step mom parks her turbo'd PT Cruiser in the back heated garage for the winter, and it's less worthy of a place to hibernate for the winter IMO. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
if you plan to be keeping your car for a while and do drive it in winter you should look into undercoating thats another thing on my to do list

·
Registered
57 Posts
Id say go for it. I don't live in the north but I know that the winter roads, salt and everything age a car very quickly. My mothers family lives in Vermont and I barely see any cars over 10 years old up there. Just very very rough on vehicles. If It was me and my pride and joy, yep id have a pos to drive around and get the gt out on nice days or on the weekend if available.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
haha yeah i feel your pain tank i would love a winter car but i am going to make my car more stable for the winter first aka winter tires and possibly an undercoat once i get that out of the way i wouldn't mind buying a beater to take to work so its not sitting in a gravel parking lot all day and getting filled up with salt during the winter

G

·
0 Posts
they make an undercoating spray that you can buy at any auto store, I dont know how good it is though.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
SilverG5 said:
I certainly wouldn't get a winter car because I owned a Pontiac lol. Having said that, Krown > Winter.
lol i would rather have a $1-2000 car to drive during a saskatchewan winter and get it filled up with salt and get smoked by odd the retard drivers out there than my $25000 car mind you i don't have anywhere to store the g5 anyway so it would just sit outside of my apartment complex

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fusiongt said:
lol i would rather have a $1-2000 car to drive during a saskatchewan winter and get it filled up with salt and get smoked by odd the retard drivers out there than my $25000 car mind you i don't have anywhere to store the g5 anyway so it would just sit outside of my apartment complex
There's an airplane hanger in Martensville available for a small fee.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
city driving a beater would be perfect but if i went somewhere on the highway i would take the g5 so i might as well look into what ive been thinking of doing to it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts