G5 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I baught a JVC KW-AVX720 for my 2005 Pontiac Pursuit. I got the harness that Future Shop handed to me. It's just a simple harness, no module. everything was going good until i notice there was TWO 12v constant + (yellow) wires coming out of the harness and only one on the deck. Also there are 2 blue/white that i can't figure out what to do with, and 2 red/white. And there doesnt seem to be an illumination wire (orange) on the harness. Can someone help me out? what do i connectt?

think i figured it out. But while doing so my stock deck or aftermarket is getting no power. Is the fuse blown? i replaced what i thaught the fuse was and still no luck. The diagram on the panel is nothing like the actual fuse box.

EDIT: Okay everything seemed to be sorted it, It's running in the car, but when i turn the car off it still runs. Does this have to do with the RAP funtion?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
should turn off once the door opens. same as stock unit did.

the blue is for power antenna. blue with white stripe is for amp turn on.
iv installed 100's and only ever hooked up the orange illumination once. useless wire!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know why its not turning off? could it be that i attached the 12v acc wire to the constant yellow?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
yes that could be the problem

i cant think in my head of what that harness looks like...
if there is a red wire for acc you could run that to the fuse box to something on acc like sunroof or power windows . and probably solve the problem

if you can post a pic of the harness

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok, got it sorted out. i tapped into the red wire were the buttons for trip and reset are, don't have RAP but thats not really a problem.

do i risk blowing fuses with this setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts