G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drop my car with the stockers?

Of course, I'm going to get my wheels in January, when I'll have plenty to pay cash for them, but I was wondering what you guys think if I just dropped my car now.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright guys, thanks for the input. I've been talking to a guy around that has an '06 balt with tenzos. The more I see that car, the more I want to drop my own.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Renesis said:
I'd call you crazy for thinking to drop a car just when winter comes

but since you're in TX.. :lol:
lol. TX would be hot as shit for you. I only saw snow once in my life and that was when I went to california to see my biological father in California. Last year was one of our coldest winters, and the only thing that happened was ice on the bridges.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
oh man i always forget you have a 2.2

I think you'll be fine with the drop and stockers. but hurry up on the wheels anyways haha

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
would it be rice if, your headlights are 1 color temperature and fogs the other color? lol i had one guy tonight with a cobalt ss/na give me the funniest look tonight, then 5 min later an older honda prelude whipped by me the spoiler was half as high as the roof of the car and he had an exhaust tip with led's in it. if my mom wasn't sitting beside me lol i would have down shifted and flew around him like he was sitting still

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Renesis said:
Renesis said:
I'd call you crazy for thinking to drop a car just when winter comes

but since you're in TX.. :lol:
well in the summer we get like +40C with humidity

and in the winter -40C with the wind factor

quite crazy temperatures here.
so, the summers get just as hot around here.

+40C would be 104F and it usually stays between 95F(35C) and 105F(40.5C)

Just imagine if the coldest it got during the winter was 5F (-15C)

sorry if anybody doesn't like the fact that i didn't use the degree symbol. I don't feel like looking it up on the map. LOL

Yea, fusiongt. We have plenty of ricers around here too. It seems like they'll put anything on their cars just to say that they have it. Then, they'll cut their springs and say if your car don't ride like shit, it don't look good. You guys would be amazed if I started taking pictures....

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
so the honest reply would be.

it won't be rice, it'll just look "wrong"

if it was me I'd do it though, since you'll see how hard the ride is now and that might influence your choice in tire size afterwards! :)

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
how about this, ill sell you my stock gt springs, for a resonable 500 dollars, and you see if you like those. if you don't, then you can buy the sportlines and youll have choices =]

haha i say just go for them. if you dont like them, switch them back out and keep them aside until you get new wheels

·
Registered
830 Posts
are there adjustable ones made for the g5 yet :shock: I want to lower this summer when I get rims, but I want to raise it so I can drive it in the winter.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, the G5 is the same as the balt, so of course there are adjustable ones. there are some coilovers at cobalt-addiction. I was impressed with how smooth the balt rode with tenzos. no thanks to the GT springs :p lol

what did you pay for your sportlines?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts