G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a crazy loud rattle coming from inside my stock cat for a while now and finally decided to swap it out.

I ordered ZZP's 2.5" stainless catted downpipe with angled 02 bung. I've got to say, it is a nice looking chunk of metal!

The fit was great and gave me no hassles on install.

I'm actually kinda dissapointed that it is hidden under the car!

I just installed it this morning, so it's an early opinion, but everything seems to be perfect. I was very concerned about getting a CEL from it and so far it's all good.

A side benefit that I didn't expect is the change in exhaust tone. The car has a noticeably deeper tone now and it is only slightly louder. I've got the factory exhaust front to back other than this cat. Very nice sound now. I would easily suggest this change if you are in need of a new cat or want a nice change in exhaust note without changing the entire exhaust system. :D

Later,
Brad

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was so surprised mine didn't throw the CEL until about 150 miles after install, luckily I live an hour from ZZP so they deleted it for me! :)
Did you have the O2 defouler or just the header/downpipe?

Also, did they tune your car to delete the CEL then? Or did they just clear the code? I only live 2 hours from them and if I throw a code I may see if they'll do the same for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you have the O2 defouler or just the header/downpipe?

Also, did they tune your car to delete the CEL then? Or did they just clear the code? I only live 2 hours from them and if I throw a code I may see if they'll do the same for me.
I don't have the header combo, just the DP and exhaust.
I do have the tune so maybe thats why it was so easy to delete

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
300km and so far so good. No problems or CEL's as of yet.

I'll update again after a few thousand more km.

Later,
Brad

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might be bad news ....

I've got a P013F code. Just trying to see if it is the O2 sensor code.

Sent an email to ZZP about it. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out ASAP.

The car has been sitting in the garage for a couple weeks while I did the brakes. Back on the road and after another 100km or so the code showed up. Erased it and it has returned. :(

Later,
Brad

·
Registered
586 Posts
Might be bad news ....

I've got a P013F code. Just trying to see if it is the O2 sensor code.

Sent an email to ZZP about it. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out ASAP.

The car has been sitting in the garage for a couple weeks while I did the brakes. Back on the road and after another 100km or so the code showed up. Erased it and it has returned. :(

Later,
Brad
Interesting... I have the header/downpipe installed with O2 flange and have put about 550/600 on it so far and no CEL at all. Hopefully it stays that way.

On another note, good luck figuring out how to make it go away, hopefully it isn't too annoying or pricey. I know O2 sensors aren't terribly expensive.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still throwing a CEL for bad cat. ZZP says it doesn't. On my car it does. About to re-install my old cat with a repaired flex coupler and be done with CEL's.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's insanely annoying. I still have no CEL and have put a lot of miles on the car since install. Not sure if I'm just lucky, or if it'll show up sometime down the road. I'm just hoping that I'm good to go.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Also.... Are you using the O2 defouler from their website? I am and am not suers if that would make a difference.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Will the downpipe you bought fit the 2.2? I might consider buying it if its for sale since i dont have to etest my car (and the new etesting rules are retarded in ontario)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts