G5 Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
I have the zzp catted dp and over 5k mi with no code. However, I had a tune by Vince for my turbo at the same time as when I installed it. Don't know if he made any changes for it. No defouler on it either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went in to the dealer to get an O2 Sensor and was a little shocked at the price. $200 with a discount!

Decided spending 200 bucks just to see if it works wasn't such a good idea.

I think I will pull the cat off and re-install my original one. :( To bad cause I have gotten to like the new exhaust sound!

Later,
Brad

·
Registered
586 Posts
$200?? That's crazy. They're like $40 on rockauto.com and not that hard to install; unscrew and unclip then clip in new one and screw in from what I remember. It'd be a shame to get rid if that great sound if you don't have to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also developed a terrible rattle yesterday. Dropped the downpipe and found that part of the flew joint was broken and causing the noise. Doesn't look critical, so we just put everything back together. I'm thinking about going with the carted zzp pipe with the high flow cat. I also toyed around the idea of headers, but I am leaning towards just keeping it simple for now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I also developed a terrible rattle yesterday. Dropped the downpipe and found that part of the flew joint was broken and causing the noise. Doesn't look critical, so we just put everything back together. I'm thinking about going with the carted zzp pipe with the high flow cat. I also toyed around the idea of headers, but I am leaning towards just keeping it simple for now.

I've got a mint condition zzp down pipe I'd sell. It's just sitting on my work bench. Very few km's on it. I did end up removing it and going back to stock.

It fits perfect. Looks great. Sounds great and sets codes. I wasn't willing to tune out the code so it got pulled.

Later,
Brad

·
Registered
59 Posts
in a couple weeks in going to buy the zzp header & downpipe combo seeing your pictures gets me so excited about it I cant wait to install it definitely looks like nice chuck of metal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed mine the other night and ran into a clearance issue with the first O2 sensor contacting a heat shield. The shield pretty heavy gauge, so I'm afraid engine motion may put some stress on the sensor. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
I just pounded on the heart shield until it was far enough away. It's not that thick at all. Also, if you are putting in a wideband o2 sensor it may be shorter and you can swap the two around.

sent from my nexus using stupid autoguide.com app :(

21 - 32 of 32 Posts